What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy uses a variety of techniques to help your muscles and joints work to their full potential. It can help repair damage by speeding up the healing process and reducing pain and stiffness.
What to expect on your first appointment
First you will have a full assessment of your condition. This will involve taking a history of your current problem, taking into account any pre existing medical conditions or previous injuries.
- Mobilisation of your joints to help reduce stiffness and pain
- Soft tissue massage, trigger point release and stretches for muscle pain
- Exercise programmes to improve strength and mobility
- Acupuncture for pain relief
- Electrotherapy to help speed up the healing process
- Advice and education about your condition and how to prevent further episodes of pain
A clear explanation of each treatment will be given at the start of each session and any exercises will be sent to you via email.